Monday, August 23, 2010

MAG Interviews: Phoenix Archer



We're proud to introduce the first of our interviews with some of the more prominent MAG players and contributors on our forums. First Up? Phoenix Archer.

So, what's the silliest thing associated with being female in a male-dominated shooter?

- I guess the fact that I don't always get taken seriously by my squadmates (and platoon/company if I'm PL/OIC); most of the time my squad will figure out I'm at the very least as good as them, if not much better, pretty quickly; then the hate usually lessens, but not always.

What made you pick SVER?

- I've been though all three PMCs (Valor-SVER-Raven-Valor-SVER-Valor-SVER is my vet progression) and I liked Valor the most. Until that last Valor vet, that is. The lack of teamwork and the abuse I got was worse them my from my Raven vet (that's why there's only one there). SVER has teamwork, good people (for the most part), and teamwork. The guns are OK (personally, my favorite is Valor's T2 AR), but once you're used to them they're beasts. I also like defending the maps the most (not because they are easy to defend; I just like how the maps make you fight...suits my play-style, I think) and love to attack the other PMC's maps. But I have alternate accounts on Valor and Raven, and I have to say Raven isn't too bad either...at this point my clan (major point) and the fact that I will not vet again are keeping me here.

Do you believe in PMC loyalty? What do you think of vetting out/having alt accounts?

- I think PMC loyalty is important; that's what the game is about, isn't it? I personally am in favor of making the Shadow War a much stronger point in the game; loyalty is naturally a part of it. As for vetting, I think everyone should go to each of the PMCs and try them out; just to see which one is truely your home.
Alternate accounts are great for those of us (like me) who are having trouble saying "I am <insert PMC here> forever!" even after going through all three. They're also great for people that have friends on other PMCs. But they are not for everyone, especially for those who are very loyal and may try to sabotage their enemy

How were you introduced to MAG?

- Honestly, I played in the last days of the open beta (for Valor) and wan't all that impressed. A bit after release, my friends asked me to give it another try...so I did...it took me a long while to get really hooked, but it happened at the end of my first time through Valor.

Let's say MAG introduced female skins next month, whats your first reaction/thought?

- I'm not really sure...I'd definitely be happy, but also I know that there will be a lot more discrimination against me (and females in general) so I wouldn't be all that happy about that...so, it balances out to being fine.

If you could take down one MAG player, who would it be?
- Honestly I can't really answer that...I wouldn't know where to begin!

Why are you still an active MAG player?

- I'd have to say a combination of the people I play with (BHD and IMP FTW!), the new things coming out soon (really looking forward to the Beta) and the fact that this is probably the best MP game out there right now (and will be for a while).  

What's your worst MAG shame?

- Its hard to say, with almost 500 hours of game-time to try to remember...I don't really know. I'm sure someone out there would love to tell me, though...

If you could have one dream "game type" what would it be?

- I don't know...this isn't my strong point lol...I'm just more then happy to play with whatever I'm given.

What three features are a MUST in a MAG 2?

- Sorry, not thinking about MAG2 yet...still hoping to have MAG1 be the best it could possibly be ATM

What new MAG content would you like to see?

- Not really new, but I want the facewraps back!

If there was one change you could make to MAG what would it be?
- More maps...neutral ones, so the existing maps don't have to be.

In your opinion, what is MAG's greatest strength?
- The sheer scale. Nothing less then 32v32.

What weakness hurt MAG the most?
- The lack of advertising. If more people even just knew about this great game it would be so much better.

What's your favorite game mode and why?
- I'd have to say Domination; the large-scale battles and the chaos that occurs when you're fighting over the letters is priceless. Its also the game-mode I think Platoon Leaders bring the most to the table (and I love being PL).

What things would you like to see in Character Customzation?

- I am a Role-Playing-Gamer at heart, so I want to see some serious customization options: In-depth skill-trees, more options for how you look, more specialization, less generalization, more micro-managing (OK, that last one would make everyone else cry, but I would love it!)...these sorts of things would make my day.

1 comment:

  1. Zapon, Raven LeaderAugust 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM

    Awesome Interview. I always enjoy hearing from my favorite Rival SVER Commander. ;)

    But honestly, this was pretty good. I'll be looking forward to the interviews..an Intresting Idea.

    Raven Leader Zapon

    ReplyDelete