Friday, October 14, 2011

Dust Mythos Episode 2

Letters to the Creators: Part 1


Transmission: 87D:001.168.9
CMCPROTOCOL: //UNCLASSIFIED//privatecom//
ALPHA loc: //CLASSIFIED//
OMEGA loc: //UNCLASSIFIED//home//



Dear Mom and Dad,
//
Sorry about not writing you sooner. The DI’s (drill instructors) have us training a lot to prepare for upcoming battles against VC and other corporations. Teamwork, communication, and patience are of the utmost importance. Aggressiveness and tactics are learned later. Veterans study logistics, amateurs study tactics. My teammates understand this all too well – that is why we are going to win.

//
Speaking of teammates, I remember meeting some of my soon-to-be rivals at the recruiting space station in high sec. Great group of guys and girls - I can’t wait to face them on the field! As a side note, this will be one of the very first moments in human history where a warrior does not die. The effects of this will effect New Eden humans forever – literally. Immortality here we come.
//
Anyway, thanks for the video of the twins! They keep my spirits up, dealing with all of this. Mom, send more cookies and freeze dried baked goods – the platoon loves them. Also tell grandma and auntie to stop sending underwear. It’s embarrassing when I open the package and pull out pink and purple underwear with bright red hearts on them.
//
Dad, I promise I’ll go back to academy after my contract is up- either the regional or planet university. Although, I can’t say I want to be a miner like you. I am thinking more about business like economics or finance. Even with the recent scandals of thievery, poor performance and management, and down markets, I’m sure I can make it if given the opportunity. I just need to push the envelope a little bit. Also, thanks for the words of encouragement over the years – they’ve come in handy!
//
And as for you twins – My God! You’re getting too big. You’ll probably be able to beat me up in a couple years. All your big brother asks is to go easy on Mom and Pop. I am sorry I missed your birthdays – did you receive the presents I sent? Go to school too and don’t drop out like I did. I promise to see you guys as soon as possible.
//
Sorry this was short, we have another war game in 5. I will write again soon.
//
Your son, brother, and merc
,
//
[DELETED] – CMC Security
TRANSMISSION://OMEGA//
DATE://Classified//

4 comments:

  1. hmmm..

    i must say i ......like it good work =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like the prelude for a good story

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great but i think it would be better if it wasn't so short :-)

    ReplyDelete